- PayPal allows you to pay and take payments safely and securely over the internet. PayPal does not share your financial details and protects your purchases – so if an item doesn’t arrive or isn’t what you ordered, you can get your money back.
- PayPal will soon be celebrating its 15th birthday, having been founded in December 1998 in California.
- PayPal has 137 million registered active accounts and can be used in 26 different currencies.
- Around one quarter of PayPal’s business is made up of users trading with users from another country.
- In 2012 PayPal processed payments adding up to $145 billion, $14 billion of which were mobile payments. PayPal expects this to rise to $20 billion this year.
- PayPal started being widely used on eBay in January 2000 and by March reached 1 million users.
- CAPTCHAS, the combination of numbers and letters you often have to enter to verify yourself on websites, were created by PayPal in March 2001.
- In October 2002 eBay acquired PayPal ‘combining the strength of the world’s largest online marketplace with the web’s leading payment system.’ That same month PayPal becomes available in Pounds and Euros.
It’s easy to join PayPal – www.paypal.com
On theClassfied we provide you with the option to add PayPal buttons to all of your listings, so that you can receive safe and secure payment directly through the website.